I found it interesting that in the first Ngram for Dobby vs. Jacquard, ‘dobby’ doesn’t pick up until the differentiation is made necessary by the invention of the Jacquard Loom.
Join 560 other followers
- Singing the Pattern youtube.com/watch?v=vhgHJ6… textilesmithing.com/2020/04/19/sin… 2 years ago
- We Can Weave You A Donor Organ youtube.com/watch?v=PuGikm… textilesmithing.com/2016/05/19/we-… 6 years ago
- SpaceX Has Hired a Legendary Costume Designer to Create Their Own Spacesuits gizmodo.com/spacex-has-hir… 6 years ago
- alexander taylor + adidas futurecraft tailored fibre designboom.com/technology/ale… 6 years ago
- The Inflatable Suit That's Protecting Ski Racers in 90 MPH Crashes | WIRED wired.com/2015/02/dianes… 7 years ago