- Singing the Pattern youtube.com/watch?v=vhgHJ6… textilesmithing.com/2020/04/19/sin… 1 month ago
- We Can Weave You A Donor Organ youtube.com/watch?v=PuGikm… textilesmithing.com/2016/05/19/we-… 4 years ago
- SpaceX Has Hired a Legendary Costume Designer to Create Their Own Spacesuits gizmodo.com/spacex-has-hir… 4 years ago
- alexander taylor + adidas futurecraft tailored fibre designboom.com/technology/ale… 4 years ago
- The Inflatable Suit That's Protecting Ski Racers in 90 MPH Crashes | WIRED wired.com/2015/02/dianes… 5 years ago
Author Archives: Seth Winner
Le Laboratoire is a playground of ideas where science meets art or art meets science.
In the city of Medina, the lunar cycles have been slowly advancing the time of the pilgrimage to Al-Masjid al-Nabawi from autumn to summer. In anticipation of that change, this stunning umbrella system was crafted to protect the pilgrims from the … Continue reading
Its farm show time here in Pennsylvania. I don’t know how, but I could feel it in the air 100 miles from the epicenter at the Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg.
A personal update today: I just finished week number two at my new position as a Textile Design Engineer at Secant Medical. While I’d love to pontificate lengthily about what I’ll be making in this new opportunity, I’ll be pretty … Continue reading
51 years ago today, Captain Joseph Kittinger stepped out of a baloon at 102,800 feet above sea level. Wearing only a space suit and a parachute, he fell for 84,800 feet before his parachute deployed. He unceremoniously set multiple records … Continue reading
Over at TXCHNOLOGIST is a great interview with Nicholas de Monchaux, author of Spacesuit: Fashioning Apollo. This book has been my summer reading material and it is a fascinating look into the science, engineering and politics behind not just the Spacesuit … Continue reading