- Singing the Pattern youtube.com/watch?v=vhgHJ6… textilesmithing.com/2020/04/19/sin… 1 month ago
- We Can Weave You A Donor Organ youtube.com/watch?v=PuGikm… textilesmithing.com/2016/05/19/we-… 4 years ago
- SpaceX Has Hired a Legendary Costume Designer to Create Their Own Spacesuits gizmodo.com/spacex-has-hir… 4 years ago
- alexander taylor + adidas futurecraft tailored fibre designboom.com/technology/ale… 4 years ago
- The Inflatable Suit That's Protecting Ski Racers in 90 MPH Crashes | WIRED wired.com/2015/02/dianes… 5 years ago
Category Archives: Landscape
Akiko Ikeuchi creates vast delicate geometric volumes out of knotted thread.
Sayed Alavi’s Flying Carpet installation at the Sacramento Airport combines many things that excite me: Mapping, Textiles and a good play on words. I also imagine that it elicits a certain sense of vertigo in the right mindset. More here: … Continue reading
Tara Donovan manipulates mundane materials into massive constructions, landscapes and volumes that transcend the material they are created from. Paper plates, plastic cups, pencils and the like become the individual motifs of a larger naturalistic pattern.
There is something otherworldly about Gerco de Ruijter’s Photographs. The patterns he captures from the Dutch landscape show a strange natural beauty in the regulated agriculture of the nurseries he documents.
Manuel Rivera is an artist that I caught a glimpse of for one hour in a foreign land and was only able to bring back a catalog filled with images accompanied by words in a language I do not speak. … Continue reading
When I re-do my driveway, I want this machine and I don’t care if its not cost-effective and won’t even fit in my yard. This is a fantastic toy. I saw this over at Gizmodo last week and I couldn’t … Continue reading