- Singing the Pattern youtube.com/watch?v=vhgHJ6… textilesmithing.com/2020/04/19/sin… 1 month ago
- We Can Weave You A Donor Organ youtube.com/watch?v=PuGikm… textilesmithing.com/2016/05/19/we-… 4 years ago
- SpaceX Has Hired a Legendary Costume Designer to Create Their Own Spacesuits gizmodo.com/spacex-has-hir… 4 years ago
- alexander taylor + adidas futurecraft tailored fibre designboom.com/technology/ale… 4 years ago
- The Inflatable Suit That's Protecting Ski Racers in 90 MPH Crashes | WIRED wired.com/2015/02/dianes… 5 years ago
Category Archives: structure
It’s been a while, I know. Its not that I don’t have anything to say on this blog, it’s that I have so much to do. I know, it sounds like excuses, and it is, i know. However, it has … Continue reading
There’s been a lot of talk lately about spider silk. Shawls made from spider silk. Genetically modified goats that produce spider silk milk. Its super strong stuff and incredibly interesting for the future of high performance textiles. Great stuff, but … Continue reading
Le Laboratoire is a playground of ideas where science meets art or art meets science.
In the city of Medina, the lunar cycles have been slowly advancing the time of the pilgrimage to Al-Masjid al-Nabawi from autumn to summer. In anticipation of that change, this stunning umbrella system was crafted to protect the pilgrims from the … Continue reading
Akiko Ikeuchi creates vast delicate geometric volumes out of knotted thread.
This magnetic curtain captured my imagination today. The geometric structure with a grid of magnets enables you to place, form and bunch up the curtain as you see fit. Functional object meets origami meets amazingly fun toy. From Designer Florian … Continue reading
Warren Seelig sent these images of the work he and Sherrie Gibson installed at the University of Lexington just last week. This was too good not to share.