- Singing the Pattern youtube.com/watch?v=vhgHJ6… textilesmithing.com/2020/04/19/sin… 1 year ago
- We Can Weave You A Donor Organ youtube.com/watch?v=PuGikm… textilesmithing.com/2016/05/19/we-… 4 years ago
- SpaceX Has Hired a Legendary Costume Designer to Create Their Own Spacesuits gizmodo.com/spacex-has-hir… 4 years ago
- alexander taylor + adidas futurecraft tailored fibre designboom.com/technology/ale… 5 years ago
- The Inflatable Suit That's Protecting Ski Racers in 90 MPH Crashes | WIRED wired.com/2015/02/dianes… 6 years ago
Author Archives: Seth Winner
“We weave together this way so our nerves are in peace.”
I recently did a talk at TEDx Nashville about how textiles can be used to save and improve lives. Check it out!
Balloons just don’t get enough serious attention. These textile flying “machines” used to be the state of the art in getting man off the ground for observation, exploration and adventure. Now they’re relegated to afternoon excursions for adventurous vacationers or … Continue reading
It’s been a while, I know. Its not that I don’t have anything to say on this blog, it’s that I have so much to do. I know, it sounds like excuses, and it is, i know. However, it has … Continue reading
Thank you , Internets, for the steady flow of videos that celebrate the construction of textiles. This one turned up a few days ago via twitter: @lbruning and I think i’ve watched it 20 times already. Back in June, I was first … Continue reading
There’s been a lot of talk lately about spider silk. Shawls made from spider silk. Genetically modified goats that produce spider silk milk. Its super strong stuff and incredibly interesting for the future of high performance textiles. Great stuff, but … Continue reading
This is inspired play. Never in my years of childhood mastery of Tinkertoys, Legos, Lincoln Logs and Erector Sets, had I ever risen to this level of engineering.
Le Laboratoire is a playground of ideas where science meets art or art meets science.
In the city of Medina, the lunar cycles have been slowly advancing the time of the pilgrimage to Al-Masjid al-Nabawi from autumn to summer. In anticipation of that change, this stunning umbrella system was crafted to protect the pilgrims from the … Continue reading
Its farm show time here in Pennsylvania. I don’t know how, but I could feel it in the air 100 miles from the epicenter at the Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg.