- Singing the Pattern youtube.com/watch?v=vhgHJ6… textilesmithing.com/2020/04/19/sin… 1 year ago
- We Can Weave You A Donor Organ youtube.com/watch?v=PuGikm… textilesmithing.com/2016/05/19/we-… 5 years ago
- SpaceX Has Hired a Legendary Costume Designer to Create Their Own Spacesuits gizmodo.com/spacex-has-hir… 5 years ago
- alexander taylor + adidas futurecraft tailored fibre designboom.com/technology/ale… 5 years ago
- The Inflatable Suit That's Protecting Ski Racers in 90 MPH Crashes | WIRED wired.com/2015/02/dianes… 6 years ago
Category Archives: woven
I recently did a talk at TEDx Nashville about how textiles can be used to save and improve lives. Check it out!
It’s been a while, I know. Its not that I don’t have anything to say on this blog, it’s that I have so much to do. I know, it sounds like excuses, and it is, i know. However, it has … Continue reading
Thank you , Internets, for the steady flow of videos that celebrate the construction of textiles. This one turned up a few days ago via twitter: @lbruning and I think i’ve watched it 20 times already. Back in June, I was first … Continue reading
This is inspired play. Never in my years of childhood mastery of Tinkertoys, Legos, Lincoln Logs and Erector Sets, had I ever risen to this level of engineering.
Its farm show time here in Pennsylvania. I don’t know how, but I could feel it in the air 100 miles from the epicenter at the Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg.
I’ve spent many hours standing in front of vibrating shaking rumbling industrial weaving machines during trial runs watching, with fascination, how the fabric comes together. Paramount Textiles must have been watching the same thing, because they put together this excellent … Continue reading
To be honest, my appreciation of Opera is limited to Looney Tunes parodies and Fitzcarraldo‘s obsession with bringing Enrico Caruso to Peru. I make my annual Valentines day trip to the Opera, but never really have been a super huge … Continue reading
I’m currently going through a mid-life clothing crisis. I’m dressing a little too… frumpy, sloppy, casual. Its not that I don’t want to look stylish, its that I’m lazy about dressing and given the choice between the old comfy knit … Continue reading
I love a well organized reference book that is industry specific. I can page through Electrical and Plumbing manuals with fascination and pleasure the way i can read Atlases and Travel guides cover to cover. I recently spent hours paging … Continue reading