- We Can Weave You A Donor Organ youtube.com/watch?v=PuGikm… textilesmithing.com/2016/05/19/we-… 1 year ago
- SpaceX Has Hired a Legendary Costume Designer to Create Their Own Spacesuits gizmodo.com/spacex-has-hir… 1 year ago
- alexander taylor + adidas futurecraft tailored fibre designboom.com/technology/ale… 1 year ago
- The Inflatable Suit That's Protecting Ski Racers in 90 MPH Crashes | WIRED wired.com/2015/02/dianes… 2 years ago
- Soldering electronics as textile construction. wp.me/p22K2I-1X2x via @make 2 years ago
Category Archives: site specific
Yesterday’s post on Akiko Ikeuchi‘s thread volumes reminded me of Beili Liu, who almost stole the show at ArtPrize last year. (ArtPrize is a curious new Annual Grand Rapids phenomenon that I’ll write about when it comes to town again) … Continue reading
Akiko Ikeuchi creates vast delicate geometric volumes out of knotted thread.
Warren Seelig sent these images of the work he and Sherrie Gibson installed at the University of Lexington just last week. This was too good not to share.
To be honest, my appreciation of Opera is limited to Looney Tunes parodies and Fitzcarraldo‘s obsession with bringing Enrico Caruso to Peru. I make my annual Valentines day trip to the Opera, but never really have been a super huge … Continue reading
I’ve been an uncomfortable fan of Sol Lewitt ever since I discovered him in college. I’d pour through his catalogs and books, enjoying the way he created systems and worked them through to the end. The books were intimate looks … Continue reading
Sayed Alavi’s Flying Carpet installation at the Sacramento Airport combines many things that excite me: Mapping, Textiles and a good play on words. I also imagine that it elicits a certain sense of vertigo in the right mindset. More here: … Continue reading
Harry Guild, where the hell are you? This one’s for you.