- We Can Weave You A Donor Organ youtube.com/watch?v=PuGikm… textilesmithing.com/2016/05/19/we-… 1 year ago
- SpaceX Has Hired a Legendary Costume Designer to Create Their Own Spacesuits gizmodo.com/spacex-has-hir… 1 year ago
- alexander taylor + adidas futurecraft tailored fibre designboom.com/technology/ale… 1 year ago
- The Inflatable Suit That's Protecting Ski Racers in 90 MPH Crashes | WIRED wired.com/2015/02/dianes… 2 years ago
- Soldering electronics as textile construction. wp.me/p22K2I-1X2x via @make 2 years ago
Monthly Archives: May 2011
Yesterday’s post on Akiko Ikeuchi‘s thread volumes reminded me of Beili Liu, who almost stole the show at ArtPrize last year. (ArtPrize is a curious new Annual Grand Rapids phenomenon that I’ll write about when it comes to town again)
Akiko Ikeuchi creates vast delicate geometric volumes out of knotted thread.
This magnetic curtain captured my imagination today. The geometric structure with a grid of magnets enables you to place, form and bunch up the curtain as you see fit. Functional object meets origami meets amazingly fun toy. From Designer Florian … Continue reading
Warren Seelig sent these images of the work he and Sherrie Gibson installed at the University of Lexington just last week. This was too good not to share.