- We Can Weave You A Donor Organ youtube.com/watch?v=PuGikm… textilesmithing.com/2016/05/19/we-… 1 year ago
- SpaceX Has Hired a Legendary Costume Designer to Create Their Own Spacesuits gizmodo.com/spacex-has-hir… 1 year ago
- alexander taylor + adidas futurecraft tailored fibre designboom.com/technology/ale… 1 year ago
- The Inflatable Suit That's Protecting Ski Racers in 90 MPH Crashes | WIRED wired.com/2015/02/dianes… 2 years ago
- Soldering electronics as textile construction. wp.me/p22K2I-1X2x via @make 2 years ago
Monthly Archives: May 2011
Yesterday’s post on Akiko Ikeuchi‘s thread volumes reminded me of Beili Liu, who almost stole the show at ArtPrize last year. (ArtPrize is a curious new Annual Grand Rapids phenomenon that I’ll write about when it comes to town again) … Continue reading
Akiko Ikeuchi creates vast delicate geometric volumes out of knotted thread.
This magnetic curtain captured my imagination today. The geometric structure with a grid of magnets enables you to place, form and bunch up the curtain as you see fit. Functional object meets origami meets amazingly fun toy. From Designer Florian … Continue reading
Warren Seelig sent these images of the work he and Sherrie Gibson installed at the University of Lexington just last week. This was too good not to share.