- Singing the Pattern youtube.com/watch?v=vhgHJ6… textilesmithing.com/2020/04/19/sin… 1 year ago
- We Can Weave You A Donor Organ youtube.com/watch?v=PuGikm… textilesmithing.com/2016/05/19/we-… 5 years ago
- SpaceX Has Hired a Legendary Costume Designer to Create Their Own Spacesuits gizmodo.com/spacex-has-hir… 5 years ago
- alexander taylor + adidas futurecraft tailored fibre designboom.com/technology/ale… 5 years ago
- The Inflatable Suit That's Protecting Ski Racers in 90 MPH Crashes | WIRED wired.com/2015/02/dianes… 6 years ago
Category Archives: cycling
Its time to change gears here at Textilesmithing. I’ve been looking at and writing about a lot of Art lately here on this blog and I’m sure there will be more writing about Art. However, one the reasons I started this blog was to look at textiles that are functional, textiles that enhance performance. Engineered textiles.
Last week over at Velonews there was a story about three things I love: Bicycles, Handmade Equipment, and Textiles. It was a story about FMB, a company that hand builds tubular tires that are so good, they’ve been on bikes that won Paris-Roubaix. At this point many of you are probably already asking “wait, what is a tubular tire and what is Paris-Roubaix?” Continue reading