51 years ago today, Captain Joseph Kittinger stepped out of a baloon at 102,800 feet above sea level. Wearing only a space suit and a parachute, he fell for 84,800 feet before his parachute deployed. He unceremoniously set multiple records that day and confirmed his permanent unofficial title of ‘bad ass’.
- We Can Weave You A Donor Organ youtube.com/watch?v=PuGikm… textilesmithing.com/2016/05/19/we-… 1 year ago
- SpaceX Has Hired a Legendary Costume Designer to Create Their Own Spacesuits gizmodo.com/spacex-has-hir… 1 year ago
- alexander taylor + adidas futurecraft tailored fibre designboom.com/technology/ale… 1 year ago
- The Inflatable Suit That's Protecting Ski Racers in 90 MPH Crashes | WIRED wired.com/2015/02/dianes… 2 years ago
- Soldering electronics as textile construction. wp.me/p22K2I-1X2x via @make 2 years ago