Join 560 other followers
- Singing the Pattern youtube.com/watch?v=vhgHJ6… textilesmithing.com/2020/04/19/sin… 2 years ago
- We Can Weave You A Donor Organ youtube.com/watch?v=PuGikm… textilesmithing.com/2016/05/19/we-… 6 years ago
- SpaceX Has Hired a Legendary Costume Designer to Create Their Own Spacesuits gizmodo.com/spacex-has-hir… 6 years ago
- alexander taylor + adidas futurecraft tailored fibre designboom.com/technology/ale… 6 years ago
- The Inflatable Suit That's Protecting Ski Racers in 90 MPH Crashes | WIRED wired.com/2015/02/dianes… 7 years ago
Category Archives: Art
There is something otherworldly about Gerco de Ruijter’s Photographs. The patterns he captures from the Dutch landscape show a strange natural beauty in the regulated agriculture of the nurseries he documents.
“I sewed you a zoetrope” says Moxie This makes me happy for no good reason. [via Boing Boing]
Manuel Rivera is an artist that I caught a glimpse of for one hour in a foreign land and was only able to bring back a catalog filled with images accompanied by words in a language I do not speak. … Continue reading
Harry Guild, where the hell are you? This one’s for you.
Here for your amusement and conversation are some Textile related Google Book Ngrams. Discuss.
I’m jealous of Tomas Saraceno’s work. Its true. His installations of molecular dream-scapes made of bungie cords and rope make me want to drop everything, stock up on screw-eyes and cord and go to town out in my studio making … Continue reading
Warren Seelig sent these photos of his current installation at the Farnsworth Museum in Rockland, Maine. Titled Oculus, this installation is in the rotunda of the museum and is constructed of thousands of strands of monofilament intersecting in harmony to … Continue reading
Consider me amused. More carpet tomfoolery at We Make Carpets I swear. Next week I’ll get back to more actual Blogging about textiles. Not to say that this isn’t textile related, and I do appreciate the misuse of materials to … Continue reading
Well this is interesting; There is a Louise Bourgeois textile art show in London through December. As usual I’ll have to live vicariously through the Internet, but for you jet setters, or people living in London, here’s something to see … Continue reading